Terms and Conditions
Information about Ash Norton Solicitors
The website www.ashnorton-solicitors.com is operated by Ash Norton Solicitors.
Ash Norton Solicitors and our immigration lawyers are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) of England and Wales. Ash Norton Solicitors’ SRA number is 408183.
Fees, refunds and cancellation policy
Generally, consultation fees are non-refundable. This is because of the administrative costs involved in dealing with refunds.
Where applicable cancellations and refunds will be accepted via phone or e-mail.
On pending casework, generally, refunds will be made on a pro-rata basis. This will take into account actual work done on a particular case.
All refund and cancellation requests must be made by the individual or organization making the payment and for card transactions by the credit cardholder.
For card payments, refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
Terms of website use
These terms and conditions apply to your use of www.ashnorton-solicitors.com, which is owned and operated by Ash Norton Solicitors of 12 Bolton Street, Mayfair, London W1J 8BD.
If you do not accept these terms in full, then you do not have permission to access the contents of the website and, therefore, should cease using it immediately.
Accessing the Ash Norton Solicitors website
Access to the Ash Norton Solicitors website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Ash Norton Solicitors reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). Ash Norton Solicitors will not be liable, if for any reason, www.ashnorton-solicitors.com is unavailable at any time or for any duration. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to all users.
It is your responsibility to make all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. Additionally, you are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Content on the Ash Norton Solicitors website
The content provided on www.ashnorton-solicitors.com is for general use only. You must take appropriate professional advice before taking or refraining from action based on any material on our website. Ash Norton Solicitors accepts no liability whatsoever for any reliance upon material contained on website.
While you may access other websites from the Ash Norton Solicitors website, and our website may reference other websites, Ash Norton Solicitors accepts no liability in connection with your use of any other website.
Intellectual property rights
Ash Norton Solicitors is the legal owner of all intellectual property rights concerning our website and the content published on www.ashnorton-solicitors.com. Material on the Ash Norton Solicitors website is protected by copyright laws and regulations around the world. All rights are reserved. You are permitted to print one copy and download excerpts of any page(s) from the Ash Norton Solicitors website for personal reference. In addition, you can alert others within your organisation to the content displayed on our website.
You are prohibited from modifying any paper or digital copies of the content that you have printed or downloaded from the Ash Norton Solicitors website. You are further prohibited from using illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from accompanying text.
Misuse of material copied, printed or downloaded from the Ash Norton Solicitors will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Copying the structure, look and feel or website code of the Ash Norton Solicitors site is prohibited.
Legal ownership of material does not apply to content owned by anyone other than Ash Norton Solicitors. You must not use any content on the Ash Norton Solicitors site, including the company logo, for commercial purposes without written authorisation from Ash Norton Solicitors.
Relying on the information shown on the Ash Norton Solicitors website
The information posted on www.ashnorton-solicitors.com should not be considered advice and should not be acted on as such. Ash Norton Solicitors makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
Website content changes
The Ash Norton Solicitors website is updated on a regular basis, and Ash Norton Solicitors reserves the right to change the content at any time. UK immigration laws constantly change and as such, content may be updated to reflect changes in the law.
Where necessary, Ash Norton Solicitors may suspend access to www.ashnorton-solicitiors.com or close the website indefinitely. Information on the Ash Norton Solicitors website could be out of date at any given time and while we aim to keep content on the website accurate and up to date, Ash Norton Solicitors is under no obligation to do this.
Ash Norton Solicitors liability
The material displayed on www.ashnorton-solicitors.com is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, Ash Norton Solicitors and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
– all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
– any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with www.ashnorton-solicitors.com or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Ash Norton Solicitors website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by misdemeanour (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The above exclusions do not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse www.ashnorton-solicitors.com by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not upload illegal or defamatory content and you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to www.ashnorton-solicitors.com, the server on which the Ash Norton Solicitors website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to www.ashnorton-solicitors.com. You must not attack www.ashnorton-solicitors.com via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Ash Norton Solicitors will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and Ash Norton Solicitors will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use www.ashnorton-solicitors.com will cease immediately.
Ash Norton Solicitors will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of www.ashnorton-solicitors.com or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to the Ash Norton Solicitors website
You are prohibited from linking www.ashnorton-solicitors.com to any other website. Ash Norton Solicitors does not make any warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any other website which may be referred to or accessed by hypertext link from www.ashnorton-solicitors.com and Ash Norton Solicitors do not endorse or approve any content of such third party websites. Any websites wishing to establish a link with www.ashnorton-solicitors.com must contact us and may only effect links once they are in receipt of written authority from us.
Ash Norton Solicitors uses your personal information to provide you with our services, to inform you of relevant news (such as firm-related announcements and forthcoming events) and update you on legal developments.
Ash Norton Solicitors will only disclose personal information to successors in title to our business and suppliers that Ash Norton Solicitors engage to process data on our behalf.
Any data about individuals entered onto www.ashnorton-solicitors.com directly or included in any message will be subject to the 2018 Data Protection Act and GDPR. You are therefore responsible for its accuracy and relevance and you must have the authority to disclose the information to us to utilise it for the purposes of any arrangements concluded for or by you through the www.ashnorton-solicitors.com.
Ash Norton Solicitors divulges data in accordance with the 2018 Data Protection Act and GDPR. Please note that the 2018 Data Protection Act and GDPR serves to protect individuals and there are strict standards of accuracy and care as to how such data may be used.
Any data about individuals which you send to us via www.ashnorton-solicitors.com or include in any message will be subject to these provisions and you are therefore directly responsible for ensuring that such data is accurate, relevant and that you have the necessary authority to disclose it to us, and to authorise this firm to use such data for any arrangements conducted through this Website. Please note that any such use of data may involve the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area.
You have a right to access personal information that Ash Norton Solicitors holds about you. If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information please contact us at [email protected].
Instructing Ash Norton Solicitors
Visiting or disclosing your information on www.ashnorton-solicitors.com does not represent an instruction of our solicitors or a solicitor-client relationship. Ash Norton Solicitors will only be formally instructed as your representatives for an immigration case once correspondence has taken place over a specific matter, and once we have sent you and you have agreed to accept our terms of service.
Ash Norton Solicitors is committed to providing a user-friendly website experience and a high-quality legal service to every client. If you are unhappy with your website experience or the legal services provided, Ash Norton Solicitors needs to know so we can put the problem right and improve our service standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Ash Norton Solicitors’ compliance manager, Priti Patel by emailing [email protected] or by writing to:
Ash Norton Solicitors
12 Bolton Street,
Dealing with your complaint:
- Within three working days of receiving your complaint, Ash Norton Solicitors will notify you that your complaint has been received. Ash Norton Solicitors will provide details of who will be dealing with your complaint, and when you can expect to have a response. It may be necessary at this stage to ask you for more information, or to invite you to meet with us to discuss your complaint.
- Ash Norton Solicitors will record your complaint and will investigate your complaint by reviewing the relevant file and the issues you raise. The member of staff who acted for you may be required to provide further details.
- Ash Norton Solicitors will then provide you with a detailed written response to your complaint, this may include our suggestions for resolving the matter. Ash Norton Solicitors will aim to do this within five days of acknowledging your letter or of having received any further information Ash Norton Solicitors may have requested from you if necessary. If your complaint is very detailed, or your matter has been very complex, it may take Ash Norton Solicitors longer to complete a review and to respond to you, but Ash Norton Solicitors will keep you advised if this is the case. Once again, it may be necessary to ask you to come in and meet with us in order to discuss your complaint before Ash Norton Solicitors is able to respond fully.
- Within three days of any meeting Ash Norton Solicitors has with you, Ash Norton Solicitors will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions Ash Norton Solicitors has agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let Ash Norton Solicitors know. Ash Norton Solicitors will then arrange to review any decision taken. Ash Norton Solicitors would generally aim to do this within 14 days.
- If necessary, Ash Norton Solicitors will then write to you confirming any final position on your complaint and explaining the reasons.
- If you are not satisfied with Ash Norton Solicitors handling of your complaint, you can instruct the Legal Ombudsman (contact details below) to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final written response from Ash Norton Solicitors about your complaint.
Legal Ombudsman ([email protected]) 0300 555 0333
PO Box 6806,
With regards to fees, please note that you may also have a right to object to any fees paid by making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and/or by applying to the court for an assessment of Ash Norton Solicitors’ fees under part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.
- If Ash Norton Solicitors has to change how your complaint is reviewed or timescales for responding to your complaint, you will be notified.
Revisions to terms and conditions
Ash Norton Solicitors, without prior warning, may revise these terms of service at any time by amending this page. It is your responsibility to check this page for any amendments made by Ash Norton Solicitors.
Questions and concerns
If you have questions or concerns about material on the Ash Norton Solicitors website, please contact [email protected]
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Thank you for visiting the Ash Norton Solicitors website.