UK Tier 1 Visa for International Investors
The UK represents an attractive investment opportunity for international investors. London in particular is a global hub for some of the world’s largest investment deals. A UK investment visa will open doors to a number of investment opportunities for you. Plus, a Tier 1 investor visa offers a fast-track pathway to UK citizenship to strengthen its appeal.
How Our Specialist UK Investment Visa Lawyers Can Help
Our top UK investment visa lawyers specialise in securing Tier 1 investor visas for high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNW), offering a free assessment of your eligibility and complete support with your application.
Partnering with our team of London investor visa solicitors gives you access to assistance and guidance not offered by the Home Office.
The qualifying criteria for Tier one investor visas is difficult to meet and requires a high-stakes investment. Transparency and accuracy is crucial to the success of your application. Our UK investment visa lawyers work to minimise the risk of your application being refused and jeopardizing your investment opportunity.
Tier 1 Investor Visa Eligibility, Validity and Extensions
The Tier 1 investor visa operates under a points-based system. You must score at least 75 points to be eligible for a UK investment visa.
You will score 75 points under the following conditions:
Having at least £2,000,000 of your own money to invest in the UK and that you can:
- Provide evidence of how much money you have
- Show evidence of where your funds are held
- Prove that you’ve had the money for longer than 3 months or;
- Prove how you obtained the money
- Prove that the funds are available to spend in the UK
Having at least £2,000,000 of your partner’s money and that you can:
- Prove that you’re married or in civil partnership and that it’s genuine or;
- Prove that you’ve been in a relationship for more than two years and it’s genuine
- Show a statement of your partner’s permission to invest funds in the UK and;
- Provide a solicitor’s statement that your partner’s statement of permission is legal, valid and not falsified
UK Tier 1 investment visas are initially valid for up to 40 months. A Tier 1 investor visa extension is available, provided you meet eligibility criteria.
UK Citizenship by Investment
Depending on the level of investment, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) or UK citizenship by investment after spending between two and five years in the country.
Paths to ILR and UK citizenship by investment include:
- £2 million investment – apply for ILR or citizenship after five years in the UK
- Investment of £5 million – apply for ILR or citizenship after three years in the UK
- £10 million investment – apply for ILR or citizenship after two years in the UK
Get Help with Your Tier 1 Investor Visa Application
To invest in the UK, speak to our specialist Tier 1 investor visa solicitors. Our immigration lawyers are regularly sought out to advise and assist investors and entrepreneurs to navigate UK immigration law competently and efficiently. Partner with the best immigration lawyers in London, now. Call us on +44 (0)207 629 3633 or click here to get in touch.